TapSpeak Button for iPad modernizes the idea of a mechanical switch that records and plays messages. We have taken the idea and extended it to provide a portable, convenient, and stigma-free tool to use for basic teaching and communication tasks. Speech Language Pathologists, parents, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists can all make use of our line of products. TapSpeak Button is especially useful for teaching cause and effect relationships.
TapSpeak Button for iPad runs on the Apple iPad.
• Pixon® symbol set, the best for core communications is included in the Plus version and is available as an In-App Purchase in the Standard version.
• Photoscan be used for button images.
• An expanded set of geometric symbols can be used as button images.
• Pixon® symbols and photos can use a geometric symbol as a background image. You can now "place" a photo on top of a button.
• Folders have been added to organize your buttons. Create folders for each student you have or for various situations.
• The button list has button thumbnail images to help identify a button in the button list.
• In portrait orientation the toolbar completely disappears leaving a clutter-free button image. Bring up the tool bar by swiping down and dismiss it by swiping up
• Touch/Tap configuration. Adjust the screen response to allow for a variable finger drift/dwell on the iPad surface.
• External switch support via RJ Cooper's iPad switch interfaces
• Shrink and move around the screen a button image to work with target acquisition and eye-hand coordination.
• Use just the button image or the whole iPad surface to activate messages.
• Optional button border
TapSpeak builds mobile device applications that help people with disabilities to communicate with their world. We passionately want to unlock the voices in our loved ones by using every possible benefit we can gain from current technology.
The populations that can benefit from our products include:
• Cerebral Palsy
• Apraxia of speech
• Cortical Vision Impairment
Our commitment to you is to produce the most useful products we can and listen intently to your experiences, needs, and ideas.